Re: [faces-dev] Removal of FeatureDescriptor from the EL API

Thanks Thomas and Christoph,

That is very helpful. That suggests that it might be possible to deprecate the use of FeatureDescriptor in the API in this version and remove it in a future (the next?) version without too much disruption.

I need to do some testing to figure out just what dependencies on java.desktop the API would be left with if we removed those methods. The results of those tests will inform the decision on whether to proceed with the deprecation.

Thanks again,

Mark