Re: [epsilon-dev] Dependencies and some small fixes

Hi Maarten,

Please see comments below.

On 24 January 2014 22:07, Maarten Bezemer <maarten.bezemer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First thing I tried to do, is to checkout the svn and import all plugins,
> tests, examples into an Eclipse workspace. It was quite some work to get all
> required plugins (I use Eclipse + jdk  from Ubuntu repositories, so no
> convenient Eclipse Modeling install :) ).
>
> Besides conflicts between projects required EMF Compare 1.x  and 2.x I got all
> dependencies working. Should we put all required dependencies somewhere
> online? So it becomes more convenient/easier to collect them all?

Sure. Either an article under [1] or a Wiki page under [2] would be great!

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Epsilon

> During this process I also modified some things due to Epsilon related errors:
>  * a couple of missing methods
>  * wrong generic type of a collection

I *think* I have the latest version of everything from the SVN in my
setup but haven't noticed any such errors. Where do these appear in
your setup?

>  * missing version requirements in plugin manifests

Are you referring to individual plugins or to all of Epsilon? So far,
we've intentionally refrained from declaring version requirements
except where absolutely necessary (e.g. in EMFCompare dependencies).
For internal dependencies I can't see much value in doing so as it's
unlikely that users will have different versions of, say, the engines
and the development tools. For mature external dependencies (e.g.
EMF/GMF), in all honesty, I wouldn't be sure where to set the bar
(i.e. what really is the minimum version required).

> I suppose I can just commit such changes?
>
> Cheers,
>   Maarten

Cheers,
Dimitris