Re: [el-dev] Tagging RC2
  • From: <Hussain.NM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 00:28:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=cognizant.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=cognizant.com; dkim=pass header.d=cognizant.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=N+hp6FQdCx5K512gSQFag2MwCuzndUhtS9rCnJRfpmU=; b=T5e2WXaQCKuODYwL3OE3eznZrxTr7PsBjV8NxLFOxVcClNbs5thkaGdrt6dxlnhg7oTd4hgsXHQhQFew756AQVgLyt/Q7AZFglPNRL2yFbx6d96pz6inPNsd8DjWv61a7qJInVmjG614p3pH6fpiRReB20J2Gqyhv8VWI0E9rYy5+t0D5XFb7tYHfn2dD4HVTWHgL3+S0bnOazuH912XkU8UOcTIOdcqMIIl5dDMxjzIx3cAL2mJrUbOEMG6ktjA2xK7SgZoFiPmG+WvCHhWCRoAi4J+1D3cNGsDJAQDi9lJ0Jy2VMbUPDL/1CZYGUmLwXKDxumf7sDMG+0p8gypWg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=TKqQm1V+zLKDfKT+MFi6usZEIH8dWkuZUOkOA3SWgkJ2pnVPQ9hzdni4/eIPu5Y2ywAyG9BlcXT1eYjzev6u8o0fIKIy7XHFuMI8xK9crBLZWk+Sh4cxM5VV5p5bVxCBD+1t5XuNSxRfNeT/MQOoXBUrVmmD4J4LcikCukFWqbdSTMWlU9W83WvPpdZ6DcEz82re23ZbppL0LSktLw+I47XNrJevCUNAwVLzuwpTYo01Z2kpCH2XIV1E6AWeXDb2dFGi7bHnYy6745nVfDnTvYSucsnihvh/zbqpGy9mp50LPL3hCISPEn7ofXVxvpoEBEVXzxUHElkdjQB+mGbpqQ==

Mark,

In the api jar, the MANIFEST.MF has Bundle-Version as 4.0.0.SNAPSHOT.
In the Javadoc jar,
- the package summary still reads Jakarta Expression Language 3.0
- the footer is incorrect and still reads
Copyright © 2017–2020 Eclipse Foundation. All rights reserved.

I do not see the need to publish the el-parent. From what I see it just aggregates the project modules. Can it be used in dependency management or something?

I understand your goal is to be able to tag a specific commit for all sub-projects with same version. This will become difficult to maintain. The api and impl will not have simultaneous releases always. For e.g., the api and spec might be in version 4.0.0 and 4.0 respectively and you might need to release impl with version 4.0.1. In this case the parent will be updated to 4.0.1 too.

Even I attempted to clean up the pom in ejb-api[1]. The best solution I have come up is to tag the sub-projects with an individual identifier api-4.0.0-RELEASE, spec-4.0-FINAL

[1] https://github.com/hussainnm/ejb-api/tree/cleanup-pom

Thanks
Hussain