Re: [el-dev] Tagging RC2

Hi,

I might be mistaken, but I think the way EL does what it does with combining the src folders is fairly unique. Some of the yuck we're seeing probably originates from the time when it was all cobbled together with ant scripts.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 9:55 PM Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/06/2020 15:44, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

> Well, I've moved the combined one to a separate directory. It is
> currently unused and easy to delete. I'm currently working on the build
> script to get an RC2 out. So that should be the first part of that plan
> complete :).
>
> I've reverted the CI config changes you made to get the previous
> combined build out. Those changes are in the CI config history so we can
> get them back if we need to but I was seeing various things I didn't
> completely understand and I wanted to get back to a known code state for
> a release of multiple modules. The script should (I'll double check it
> if things fail again) be aligned with WebSocket and JSP - both of which
> do module style releases.
>
> Hopefully, in the next few hours, we'll have an RC2 with 2 JARs (spec
> and impl) and a TCK doc.

I'm certainly making my way (very slowly) up the Maven learning curve today.

I was mistaken. The other projects weren't doing module style releases.
I've updated the EL POMs so EL is. I'm making progress but I'm not quite
there yet.

On the positive side, onc e I have this figured out with EL, it will be
easy to update the other projects to do the same.

Mark