Re: [ejb-dev] Corba, EJB + Platform TCK example of separating tests that use Jakarta XML Binding into (new) separate tests...

On Jan 15, 2021, at 4:03 PM, Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You're welcome, David.

I'll check with Cheng Fang and Tomek Adamski about when CORBA/IIOP is the underlying protocol as it's getting too far out of my personal knowledge.  Most of our tests there the test apps are using PortableRemoteObject.narrow, although I did a quick experimentation with changing a bunch to a simple cast and it looks fine.

That's encouraging.  Thanks, Brian.

We eliminated the need for PortableRemoteObject.narrow when we added the simpler EJB 3.x remote views, so there's good hope everyone has the capability to support CORBA/IIOP without a call to PortableRemoteObject.narrow.

If we can get strong "we don't need this" confirmation from everyone, best option is probably to inform users "you don't need to do that" and either mark it optional or eliminate it.

-David