From:        Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        ejb developer discussions <ejb-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tracy Burroughs <tkb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/04/2020 12:38 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [ejb-dev] Request for review on PR# 74 and 75

Tracy Burroughs wrote on 3/4/20 8:46 AM:
Java™ API for XML-based RPC, version 1.1 (JAX-RPC)should go away.  My understanding is that would not be in Jakarta EE 9, and all references to it should be removed from the EJB 4.0 specification.
I agree.

Not sure about JSR 109.  If there isn't a Jakarta version of that spec, then it too should be eliminated.  What part of the EJB spec is referencing it?
It should remain; see my previous message.

The "Java Transaction Service" is a important part of the EJB specification... and there must be some Jakarta spec that covers it, but I don't know where that went.

JTS is the implementation under JTA.  None of the JTS APIs are part of the spec.

Back to the top