Re: [egit-dev] Editing a file several revisions back

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 24 Nov 2013, at 00:21, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago in some forum (can't recall where) with different opinions.

A Gui should be much _easier_ to use than the CLI. There is a thread on the GitML list about Git gui's.
That's where I learned about ungit btw from Junio's post.

Any concrete proposals how to improve this ?

I made a couple of suggestions in July:

"I'd think interactive rebase options could elegantly be done by dragging and dropping nodes in the history view (for reordering), clicking two or more nodes in the history view and choosing "squash" or allowing a right click on a node and do "edit" which would reset the workspace to that commit, allow an edit, then do the rebase after the commit. Any conflicts caused could stop at the conflict and request for edits. "

it was our intention to also provide such shortcuts for the case when you just want
to do a single operation, e.g. move a commit to a different place or edit a single
commit. But when you want to do multiple of these operations it would be inefficient
to not first create a plan.

Regarding ungit: I couldn't yet find a way to do interactive rebase using ungit.
Is there a way ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top