Re: [egit-dev] tycho build

Thank you, Matthias.

Yes, the patch does make sense and I will appreciate if you can push it
to gerrit. Given my absolute lack of knowledge of git and gerrit (case
in point, I could not even apply the patch to my local repository), I
think this is safest and fastest way to get these changes in.

--
Regards,
Igor

PS: sorry I did not reply to your earlier email, I had to do internal
demo this afternoon and preparation took much longer than I hoped it
would.

Matthias Sohn wrote:
Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I took longer than I hoped, but I finally got some time to try to upload my changes to gerrit... and I am not sure if it worked that well.

I guess you did not intend to push the egit poms as a series of 5 changes to Gerrit. Hence I rebased this series and squashed it into one patch (attached to this mail). I also added the missing license headers and fixed some trailing whitespace and added your Signed-off-by footer. If this fits to your intention I could upload this squashed patch to Gerrit in order to replace the other 5 changes for further review.

Anyways, I think my changes to jgit are in [1] and my changes to egit in [2]. To use this, you will need maven 3.0-alpha-5 or newer available from [3].

To build jgit and egit, simply run "mvn clean install" for jgit, then
for egit. Generated update site is expected to be in
egit/org.eclipse.egit-updatesite/target/site.

I only tested this on Linux, but it should build on Windows without any changes. Egit build will most likely fail on OSX, but I don't have a system to test and will let Jason fix OSX build ;-)

I'll be happy to answer any questions about these patches and Tycho in
general.

On Windows both builds run smoothly and the result looks ok :)
Great work, thanks !

--
Matthias