[egerrit-dev] 1.3 work

Hi,

Please see below a list of things that we could work on, grouped by themes. At the end of the list I'm revealing what I think we should do :)
Please let us know what you think.

Pascal

Gerrit features
- Support for configurable number of vote types (e.g. the gerrit server for gerrit has 3 types of votes) (355)
- Gerrit 2.13 features: assign a review to a user

EGit integration
- From the review editor, reveal the parent commit in the history view (346)
- From the history view, open the review for a given change (604)

In-editor review:
- Properly position the markers (363)

Compare:
- Coloring goes off as you type (723)

Workflows
- Local rebase
- Branch cleanups
- Simplify small changes

Comment presentation
- Improve the general handling of comments (378)
  - In the compare editor, show the number of comments for left and right
  - Show comments not addressed.
- Indicate that there are unpublished comments
- Presentation of comments in 2.13 (654)

Usability / Responsiveness
- Some operations are still contacting the server in the UI thread (721, abandon, etc.)
- Too much refresh (718)
- Coloring goes off as you type (723)
- Reply should quote the previous message
- Completion in rebase (591)

Pascal's selection:
My thinking is that we should improve the existing features, and continue to improve the workflows building on the IDE integration. As such I'm proposing the following:
- Support for configurable number of vote types (e.g. the gerrit server for gerrit has 3 types of votes) (355). This is not something that has been requested but we know it is missing and it may take a while to get right.
- Coloring goes off as you type (723)
- Properly position the markers (363)
- Local rebase
    Because it continues to show that we know
- Some operations are still contacting the server in the UI thread (721, abandon, etc.)
- Too much refresh
- Presentation of comments in 2.13 (654)
- Reply should quote the previous message

I would also do an investigation on the EGit integration to understand how much it will require from EGit.

Back to the top