Re: [ee4j-pmc] [servlet-dev] Additional spec lead for servlet-api?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 18:35, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One key point Greg is you're one of (the only?) lead from a company who isn't a Strategic Member of the Working Group.  I kind of liked having you there to prove that is possible and encourage more of it.

Oh I am so staying away from the whole discussion about who can/can't be a committer/leader based on membership etc. other than I'd like to thank Romain for causing he PMC more consternation than me :)

We need to enable everyone with clown shoes (not in hours of private meetings) and if you're willing to bravely ware them to the benefit of others, I'd love to see you stay and help blaze trails.

I'm staying (as a committer), I'm helping, I'm blazing???  I also think the discussion has provided some clarity about the flexibility that a project should have and I now concede the 3 leaders idea was a lazy way to try to implement a process within a process based on the interim rules used for the EE8 contribution.  The servlet-api group is now having a discussion about how we should work and I think the current leadership is fine for that.   Any future leadership changes are up to the leaders and committers to decide.

cheers