Re: [ee4j-pmc] Migration to Jakarta installation of Nexus

Mikael Barbero wrote on 1/23/20 2:08 AM:
There is no change to do in the settings.xml file. It only contains credentials for repositories with the id "ossrh":

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>ossrh</id>
      <username>jaf-bot</username>
      <password>*********</password>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>
Where do the credentials for the jakarta repository come from?

Where should they come from?

If I use the -Pstaging profile, I seem to get the required credentials.

Isn't the parent pom redefining "ossrh" to refer to the Jakarta Nexus?  Isn't that supposed to make everything "just work"?

 As the changes for v1.6 of the parent pom (https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ee4j/compare/4f61cce..master#diff-04dc5d029560773ac79faaf3da0fbb22) only updates the URL and not the repositories ID (it's still "ossrh"), then maven will use the same credentials.

Could it be that you actually never deploy to staging with this commit before https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaf/commit/0345740ecc36698e11a22bea7f86a3ec4c85e0a2#diff-600376dffeb79835ede4a0b285078036? Maybe without this one, you'll be able to get your old behavior back.
I don't understand your comment at all, sorry.

Back in the java.net days, I had profiles defined in my pom.xml for deployment.  With the move to Eclipse, most of the configuration for those profiles disappeared and was moved to the parent pom.  I kept the profile names around to avoid break scripts, but it sometimes meant that I had to use two profiles when deploying - one from the parent pom and one from my pom.

You can see in the comments in the commit above the reason that profile exists.

Back to the top