Re: [ee4j-pmc] New Project Proposal: Jakarta EE Examples

The BSD Zero Clause will require board approval of the exception. I've started that process.

If the PMC has any concerns about this license, we should discuss them.

EDL is our preference for examples. This is the first time that we've considered the BSD0. I'm curious to see what the board says.

Wayne

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019, 22:49 Bill Shannon, <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
arjan tijms wrote on 4/5/19 8:38 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I just read Bill's comment. It's good to hear two other sample projects are
> coming over as well.
>
> The goal of this new project is to have automated arquillian based testing,
> like was done for https://github.com/javaee-samples/javaee7-samples. The
> projects coming over don't have that. Also, this new project has the license
> requirement that samples can be freely copied without creating any derived
> work of any kind, which is important for example code. The license proposed is
> the BSD Zero Clause.
Is that an approved license for EE4J projects?

> I'm not sure if it's legally possible to change the license of the transferred
> sample projects at a later date from EPL to BSD Zero Clause. If not, that
> license would be a main distinguishing factor as well.
The samples projects Oracle is contributing will use the EDL license, as we've
done with all the example code we've contributed.  If Eclipse would prefer BSD
Zero Clause over EDL, well, I wish we had known that sooner.  :-(