Re: [ee4j-pmc] [ee4j-build] EE4J Parent pom.xml update

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 5:48 PM Romain Grécourt <romain.grecourt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The outcome of that thread was a wiki page that Bill wrote to gather all the configuration required: https://wiki.eclipse.org/EE4J_Maven_Publishing

Yes, every project doing maven deployment will need to use that plugin so it makes sense to put that configuration in the ee4j parent pom.

That by itself sounds good to me, but I do feel reluctant updating all the projects I'm responsible for and having to beg and plea for PRs to them to be merged, and then when the parent pom has been updated with exactly that, remove it again from the poms and do the full round of begging en pleading again.

[small rant]
It might be helpful if the branch protected for EE4J branches, at least for selected people working on the jobs, is temporarily removed. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but I'm not particularly happy with all the begging that needs to be done to get a PR merged. Dmitry for instance has been an extremely good help here, but I do feel somewhat troubled sending him mails all the time. Other committers in the projects likely don't even see the PR review requests. I often ask a review from the full group of 15 people (the max on GitHub), and just nobody responds.

Okay, enough ranting ;)

What would you suggest here? Update the poms first, or wait for that config to become available in the parent pom?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Arjan