Re: [eclipselink-users] Data updated during aboutToInsert isnt getting persisted

Just an update to this post..
This is the code that is running just prior to the insert.

public void aboutToInsert(DescriptorEvent event) {
        CpBuildingInterestLink bil = (CpBuildingInterestLink)
event.getObject();
        if (bil.getInterestLinkId() == null) {
            bil.setInterestLinkId(new
CpInterestLinkId(getCpInterestType().getInterestTypeId(),
cpBuilding.getBuildingId()));
        }
    }

I notice that both the entity that represents "this" object, and what I get
from event.getObject are one in the same.  Initially I had thought they were
different.