[eclipselink-users] Data updated during aboutToInsert isnt getting persisted

I added the DescriptorEventListener to one of my Entities, and then in the
aboutToInsert method, I added some code to update the EmbedddId field entry
to the value of one the parent entities autogenerated id's.  When I step
through the code it stops just prior to that entity getting inserted, as I
can see the parent entity getting inserted, and I can see the code execute
in the aboutToInsert adding the appropriate values, but when it actually
runs the insert it still has null as the value in the fields I had updated.

Any ideas on why this is happening?