Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Questions About Release Review

>  1. Release version: although i have milestones for 0.7, does it make sense (according to Eclipse way) to consider 1.0 version instead of 0.7?

No, I'd stick with 0.7. Its always easier to go "up" later, rather to go end up having to go "down" ... if, for example, in the off-chance you decided at some point to release a 0.9 version instead of a 1.0 version.
And, I'm just stating a general rule ... nothing specific to your project. We in WTP sort of did this wrong once in our distant past (and we still hear about it :)

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/26/2006 10:38 AM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"        <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

yossi@xxxxxxxx
cc
tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx, "eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Questions About Release Review

Yossi,
Your PMC (John and Doug) should help you prepare for a release review - it is a non-trivial undertaking and I suggest you start planning as soon as you can.  As John noted, the instructions about Release Reviews are here:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/release-review.php

Yossi Leon wrote:

Hi All,

I'm taking Tim's advise and i'm posting my questions to the planning council:
As project leader i want to release the PHP IDE till the end of the year (Dec 21st). The current state is that we're about to release 0.7 Milestone 3.
1. Release version: although i have milestones for 0.7, does it make sense (according to Eclipse way) to consider 1.0 version instead of 0.7?
2. Schedule: How much time before the actual release i need to schedule the release review?
3. Any other suggestions i should consider before the release review?

--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Director, Open Source Process