Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Rsync process stopped with message "file has vanished"

Sorry,
we really do not intend to spam the newsgroup.
But with the script
  http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse.org-rsync.sh.txt
we had lots of error like the following:
  [: 128: ==: unexpected operator
Removing the "/*" characters in lines like
  $RSYNC -rtlvp --delete $RSYNC_HOST::$RSYNC_PATH/eclipse/*
$mirror_path/eclipse/
solved the "unexpected operator" errors.

Still, the "file has vanished" warning/error does indeed stop the processs
("ps -ef" command does not list rsync process anymore and the log messages
stops).
Our linux distro is Ubuntu 8.04, does this can be of help?
We are asking this because we googled into the following post:
http://www.jackbe.com/enterprise-mashup/forum/installation-problem-175-unexpected-operator
where a user writes:
"(On Ubuntu /bin/sh does not point to bash like on other Linuxes but to
dash)."

Thank you very much
Vincenzo Caselli