[eclipse-mirrors] Rsync process stopped with message "file has vanished"

Hi,
our mirror site has been removed temporarily as requested, since we are not yet in sync.
We still have problems with rsync however.
A summary:
we were told to use the following script

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse.org-rsync.sh.txt

but running it (after having set mirror_path, RSYNC_HOST and RSYNC_PATH variables) gave us the following errors:
sent 116 bytes  received 465 bytes  1162.00 bytes/sec
total size is 10  speedup is 0.02
[: 128: ==: unexpected operator
[: 132: ==: unexpected operator
[: 139: ==: unexpected operator
[: 143: ==: unexpected operator
[: 147: ==: unexpected operator
[: 151: ==: unexpected operator
[: 155: ==: unexpected operator
[: 159: ==: unexpected operator
[: 164: ==: unexpected operator
[: 168: ==: unexpected operator
[: 172: ==: unexpected operator
[: 176: ==: unexpected operator
[: 180: ==: unexpected operator
[: 184: ==: unexpected operator

since we were (at that time) active as a mirror, but without contents, we tried to solve things manually.
We extracted from the script the single line that performs the sync (with full_eclipse==yes):
$RSYNC -rtlvp --delete $RSYNC_HOST::$RSYNC_PATH/* $mirror_path
replaced the content of the varibles with our values

/usr/bin/rsync -rtlvp --delete rsync.mirrorservice.org::download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/* /home/ftp/pub/eclipse

we received the following error:
receiving file list ... rsync: link_stat "/sites/download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/*" (in download.eclipse.org) failed: No such file or directory (2)
done

so changed into (removed /* ):

/usr/bin/rsync -rtlvp --delete rsync.mirrorservice.org::download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror /home/ftp/pub/eclipse

this way the rsync process has, in some way, started successfully.

After some hour the process stopped with the message:
eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-RCP-3.5.1-hpux-motif-ia64_32.zip
eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-RCP-3.5.1-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz
file has vanished: "/sites/download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-RCP-3.5.1-linux-gtk-s390.tar.gz" (in download.eclipse.org)

what should we do?
Thank you very much

Vincenzo Caselli
RCP Vision