Re: [ecd-tools-wg] Steering / Marketing committee call update

Hello Eclipse Cloud Development community members, I hope you're all staying healthy and safe in these unusual times.

Our primary focus at the moment continues to be on driving toward a transition of the OpenVSX Marketplace from its current location to one where it's managed by the Eclipse Foundation in an open community. We feel that this will allow users from around the world as well as major vendors to more easily and confidently use and invest in this exciting project.

More news on this is coming shortly!

Below you'll find the agenda and notes from the 23-Jul Steering Committee meeting. The agenda included:
- Update on marketing committee approved changes to budget
- OpenVSX current plan and status in the Foundation
- EclipseCon Community Day update

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CSvtaT0Jk8zmfUT3z9WbvVXXT3gzKBImNITHorqeYtI/edit#heading=h.ysentv2bawhq

If you have any questions on the meeting minutes or on the change to the meeting structure please reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Brad

ECD Working Group Steering Committee Chair
Red Hat VP, Developer Tools, Program and Advocacy

Hello Eclipse Cloud Development community members, I hope you're all staying healthy and safe in these unusual times.

Below you'll find the agenda and notes from the 9-Jul Steering Committee meeting. The agenda included:
- Introduction and update from Brian King the new community manager
- Marketing budget update
- OpenVSX Registry Transfer Plan Update
- Proposal: merge steering and marketing committees

Going forward we have decided to merge the meetings for the Steering and Marketing committees (although their roles and responsibilities remain separate). We hope that this will make it easy for the community to track the progress of these groups (fewer emails), and allow both committees to move more quickly by enabling a sequential marketing and  steering committee votes for any topics that require both parties to agree.

If you have any questions on the meeting minutes or on the change to the meeting structure please reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Brad

ECD Working Group Steering Committee Chair
Red Hat VP, Developer Tools, Program and Advocacy

Back to the top