[eavp-dev] EAVP source code build

Greg,

I've tested out the tycho-source-plugin and tycho-source-feature-plugin as you suggested. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get them working. In my bundle's pom file I have

<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>tycho-source-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${tycho-version}</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>plugin-source</id>
<goals>
<goal>plugin-source</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>

and in the second feature I made, I have

        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho.extras</groupId>
          <artifactId>tycho-source-feature-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>0.25.0</version>
        </plugin>

I'm making two features in the build, and seeing both of them when I resolve my target, but the .jar files don't seem to contain any source code, even when I point Eclipse to them manually. I tried looking at some of the pom files from org.eclipse.remote like you suggested, but couldn't find anything that looked relevant there.

For the record, I've met with partial success using the maven-source-plugin. With it, I add

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
<version>3.0.0</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>attach-sources</id>
<goals>
<goal>jar-no-fork</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
<attach>true</attach>
</configuration>
</plugin>

to the pom and get a second *-source.jar file that I can manually get Eclipse to read for source code. However, for some reason, the plug-in will not generate anything for the packages where I'm using the tycho-compiler-plugin to add the JavaFX jar to the system path.

Any further help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm CCing the dev list so that we'll have a record of how to set up builds with included source code for future use.

Thanks,

Robert Smith

Back to the top