Re: [e4-dev] 4.3 Plans / API etc

Hi Eric,

Over the top priority - not API but I would trade *any* API to this one:
* Get rid of timerExec

My top priorities are:
* nesting of parts
* better lifecycle for model elements (bug 392903) - if we can get a
  general agreement I'll work on this for M6

Generic-Rendering:
As you know I've implemented a new rendering engine from scratch for my
e(fx)clipse project. The problem with the generic stuff is that SWT is
so much different than other Toolkits that I don't think having a
generic renderer makes sense.

e(fx)clipse is coming to Eclipse.org in the next month(s) which makes no
compromise and exploits the toolkit features available completely. Take
a look on my code and you'll see what I mean.

I think the platform-teams time is spent better in other areas but
that's my personal opinion, I'm not afraid of having the platform being
a competitor when it comes to rendering engines ;-)

Tom