Re: [e4-dev] Re: CSS with Forms...

Hi Code Writer,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:54 PM, code writer <code.writer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> With FormToolkit, the easiest way to customize colors is to change the
> values of the colors using
> "org.eclipse.ui.forms.FormColors" like this :
> http://eclipsenuggets.blogspot.com/2007/03/get-custom-colored-forms-in-4-easy.html
>
> To customize the form colors we simply override the CSSSWTEngine .

So I take it you have followed the blog's method by passing in your
own FormColors instance to your toolkit during construction? It seems
that this approach allows a developer to easily customize how their
Forms controls looks like but does not however address the potential
need of completely styling an entire application with unified colours
(as different plug-ins may style their Forms controls differently).

> I will submit soon some of our code to share it with the community.

I look forward to hearing more from you and others. I hacked up the
Forms support purely for experimentation purposes but probably won't
work on it again anytime soon since CSS SWT support takes precedence.

Remy

Back to the top