Re: [dtp-dev] How we can use the SQL Model with GEF Framework?

Hey Kiran,

I'll try my best to answer.

> 1.can we use the Existing Model and can build the Database Diagrams
> like tables,views and relationships?

Yes.  If you are using the base model, you will be compatible with all
extensions.  This may however limit the usability when a specialized model
has been created for a specific DB.  You may wish to incorporate an
extension mechanism into your editor to allow it to be customized when used
with a specialized model.

> 2.can any one give me the idea  how to proceed by using DTP API.?

I would recommend starting with the SQL model APIs.  You may wish to look
at the work being done in the area of the DDL parser and generator.
Somebody on the SQL development tools project should be able to help you
with these.

To get an instance of a SQL model for a particular database, you should use
the connectivity project's connection profile framework.  If a connection
profile contains a "
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.connection.ConnectionInfo"
 connection factory, you can get an instance of a SQL model.  (Note, this
factory is available for all profiles providing a "java.sql.Connection"
connection factory.)  Please refer to the javadoc for
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.

Hope that helps,
Rob

Back to the top