Re: [dtp-dev] Another SQL model question...

Rob,
Your guess is good; a Schema should not be assigned to RoutineResultTable. The intent was to reuse the concept of Table to model procedure result sets and table function output rather than rolling another one like it. There are, however, several Table attributes not applicable to Routine output, Schema being one of them.
All good,
Rick.

Phone: (408)-463-4302   tie-line: 543-4302
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Leonardo da Vinci

rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/13/2006 02:48 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Another SQL model question...

Hey folks,

I've got another SQL model question.  Result sets returned from procedures
are defined as RoutineResultTable, which is based on Table.  My question
regards the Table relationship with Schema.  Since the Table has a
reference to the Routine, is it necessary to set the Schema reference.  (I
may be showing my lack of understanding here, but I'm guessing the result
table is not defined as an actual table within the Schema and should
probably not show up as such within the DSE.)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rob