[dtp-dev] Re: Execution Plan - howto

Hi,Anthos,
In fact, "Execution Plan" component consists of two parts: sub-component to get the execution plan from the data server; sub-component to display the execution plan.
To display the execution plan (either text plan or graphic plan) we defined the "Execution Plan View", the end users can view/save/load execution plans, we assume that
the raw data of the execution plan is pure text string, thus we can organize the execution plans into an .xml file, save it or load it, the format is like the following:
<plans>
        <plan>
                <status>...</status>
                <type>...</type>
                <request>...</request>
                <rawPlan>...</rawPlan>
        </plan>
</plans>
But don't try to write a .xml file and load it into Execution Plan View.
We provided detailed document on how to invoke this feature, but we still have no exemplary code.
The document locates at dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/datatools, under HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools/documents/EPVDesign.pdf

Best Regards & Wishes

Dafan.Yang

DTP committer

How is this feature meant to be invoked ? I expected a button or some
widget on Routine Editor or Scrapbook Editor to execute the SQL in
Execution Plan mode.

Regards
Anthos