Re: [dtp-dev] Fw: about the DTP model change proposal for Catalog - please read

> for #3, i meant to say the proposed model change does not  compel
> applications (consuming the model) to create an instance of a
> Catalog in the model, when connecting to vendor databases that do
> not support multiple catalogs (DB2, Oracle, Informix, Derb, etc).
> this also applies to migration of persisted resources for these
> vendor databases.

After reviewing the Informix documentation, it appears that Informix could
make use of the catalog element too.  It supports accessing objects across
databases (catalogs) using the syntax db:dbo.object.  The active database
can be set programmatically using SQL (the documentation states that
Connection.setCatalog() is not supported).

Also, could you please respond to my other questions.

Thanks in advance,
Rob