Re: [dtp-dev] bug#149611 - Database Version is not flexible ...

Hey Anthos,

> Oracle database product name with version is as below here
>
> Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

You should be able to accomplish this by overriding the
IServerVersionProvider methods, using the Version() constructor directly
(e.g. new Version(10,2,0,"1.0 - Production")).  Obviously, there may be
problems doing this given the discussion in a parallel thread, w.r.t.
extending JDBCConnection.

> The current impl of LabelProvider for SQLModel Content displays the
> product name and the version correctly but " - Production" is missed.
> Isn't better to display DatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseProductVersion() as
> it is ?

So long as the information can be specified correctly via an extension (as
stated above), I don't think it would be necessary to modify the way the
version information is collected for the generic JDBC connection profile.

As an aside, the version information may be used by other components, which
is why it is wrapped by an object in this way (e.g. STP deployment
framework uses this to determine whether or not a package may be deployed
to a specific server, which is represented by a connection profile).

Hope that helps,
Rob

Back to the top