Re: [dtp-dev] Overriding icons using labelService extension point

Hi Larry

I have the following class as LabelSelector

package oracle.dbtools.connectivity.ui.explorer.providers.label;
public class ServerExplorerLabelSelector implements LabelSelector{

	public boolean select(Object element) {
                System.out.println(this.getClass()+".select("+element+")");
		return true;
	}

It is specified in plugin.xml as
<extension point = "org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.ui.labelService">
		<contributor
                        type = "oracle.dbtools.connectivity.catalog.OracleView"
                        iconLocation = "platform:/plugin/oracle.dbtools.connectivity/icons/view.png"
                        displayType = "View"
                        selector = "oracle.dbtools.connectivity.ui.explorer.providers.label.ServerExplorerLabelSelector">
                </contributor>
</extension>

The flow doesnot seems to reach the select(..) method.

Regards
Anthos
--- Begin Message ---
Sorry for the late reply.

The key to getting your icon to show is to specify the "selector" attribute in the labelService extension point.  The class you specify in the "selector" attribute can specify whether of not the object in question should use the "overriding" icon.

The selector class implements the org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.internal.ui.LabelSelector interface.  If provided, this class will be used in addition to the type to determine if the label information should be passed back for the given object.

public interface LabelSelector
{
    public boolean select( Object element );
}

I will add this information to the defect and resolve it.

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

Anil T Samuel <anil.samuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/02/2006 05:36 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [dtp-dev] Overriding icons using labelService extension point

Bug logged.. Go To Bug 149420

Anthos
Anil T Samuel wrote:

Hi

The following xml snippet to over-ride the default icon with vendor specific one doesnot seem to work. I am using the same type (org.eclipse.datatools.modelbase.sql.tables.ViewTable) as the one used for View in org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.ui package.

  <extension point = "org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.ui.labelService">
                                 <contributor
                        type = "org.eclipse.datatools.modelbase.sql.tables.ViewTable"
                        iconLocation = "icons/view.gif"
                        displayType = "View">
               </contributor>
 </extension>

Same was the result when I tried OracleView->ViewTable as the type.

I shall log this as a bug, if it is one.

Anthos