[dtp-dev] Extending Results View

1. How can I extend the SQL Tools Result View to show a vendor specific data-type correctly in the results table and in export / save / print ? Right now I don't see oracle.sql.CLOB / BLOB / BFILE etc. being shown correctly.
The Object.toString used in
org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.internal.ui.viewer.ResultSetLabelProvider.getColumnText
is not going to give the value of these.

I think there should be an extension pt. to submit a label provider or a helper to it to allow something like
getStringValue(connectionProfile, resultSetObject) {
// instantiate the label provider helper from extn. registry
helper.getStringValue(resultSetObject)

2. How can I add more actions to Results View ? Specifically, right now I want to add a pop up dialog to show "long" data-types is a textarea.

3. How can I provide my implementation of ViewerSorter, since org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.internal.ui.viewer.ViewerSorterByColumn implementation is not complete and the ResultSetViewer being an internal class.

Regards,
Raghu

Back to the top