From: "Alon Peled" <alon@xxxxxxxx>
To: "DLTK Developer Discussions" <dltk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:27:59 PM GMT +06:00 Almaty, Novosibirsk
Subject: [Dltk-dev] Add support for buildpath variables - bug 237210

Hi all,

I am starting to add support for variables in the buildpath - bug 237210.
At first, I am making the following changes:
  1. Changing the model manager so that it can handle variables.
  2. Adding an extension point “buildpathVariableInitializer” for implementers to be able to add variables by extension.
  3. Adding helper classes to support this operation – I am closely based on the JDT implementation. I am using the ChangeBuildpathOperation, which was not present before, although this is the way it is done in JDT. Same goes for the “ExternalFolderChange” and “ExternalFoldersManager” classes.
  4. Adding a preference page class “BuildpathVariablesPreferencePage” -  this class is not registered in the UI plugin, and implementers can use it if they wish. This is done this way, so as not to force it on everybody.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Regards,
Alon