Re: [Dltk-dev] Add support for buildpath variables - bug 237210

Hi,

The comments about code style:

1) please don't use wildcard imports:
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
etc.

It does not agree with DLTK formatting rules.

2) When possible would you please commit formatting changes separately?

e.g. DeltaProcessingState
I see that it has different formatting before (most probably that formatting was inherited from JDT). After your commit it is almost impossible to see what was actually changed in that file.

When you need to change such files - the best way to go is to format it with current formatting rules and commit only formatting changes first. After that commit the necessary changes. So it would be possible to easily analyze/check the changes made by you.

Btw, I was already written about formatting on July, 4.

Regards,
Alex

Alon Peled wrote:
Hi all,

I am starting to add support for variables in the buildpath - bug 237210.
At first, I am making the following changes:

   1. Changing the model manager so that it can handle variables.
   2. Adding an extension point “buildpathVariableInitializer” for
      implementers to be able to add variables by extension.
   3. Adding helper classes to support this operation – I am closely
      based on the JDT implementation. I am using the
      ChangeBuildpathOperation, which was not present before, although
      this is the way it is done in JDT. Same goes for the
      “ExternalFolderChange” and “ExternalFoldersManager” classes.
   4. Adding a preference page class
      “BuildpathVariablesPreferencePage” - this class is not
      registered in the UI plugin, and implementers can use it if they
      wish. This is done this way, so as not to force it on everybody.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Regards,
Alon