Re: [Dltk-dev] Re: JavaScript Debugger Question

(this is a resend some other did bounch)

I completely missed that jsjdtdebugger plugin project.. :(

But now i have it running 1 have 2 problems that i found with it

First there is a hard test for the debugging engine:

            if (isThisDebuggerLaunch(launch))
                continue;

that tests for this:

private boolean isThisDebuggerLaunch(ILaunch launch) {
        String engineId = launch
                .getAttribute(DebuggingEngineRu
nner.LAUNCH_ATTR_DEBUGGING_ENGINE_ID);
        if (_javascript_AndJDTDebuggerRunner.ENGINE_ID.equals(engineId)) {
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }

the problem is that i use a different engine (RemoteDebuggingEngine). So that engine has a different EngineID
But for the rest it uses the exact same debug target:

if (!_javascript_DebugConstants.DEBUG_MODEL_ID.equals(target
                    .getModelIdentifier()))

and scriptthreads:

if (source instanceof IScriptThread) {
            final IScriptThread thread = (IScriptThread) source;
            return _javascript_DebugConstants.DEBUG_MODEL_ID.equals(thread
                    .getModelIdentifier());

if i do this in the first test:

  if (false && isThisDebuggerLaunch(launch))
                continue;

then it works great for me because the other test already also checking if it is really the right (_javascript_) stuff..

does anybody object to loosen that up a little bit? So dont check the engine so that all people that have a different _javascript_
engine still have this global suspend behavior?  By default?

If not then i have to copy paste i guess large parts :(
I first have to listen to property change events of the preferences of the _javascript_AndJdtDebuggerPlugin..
then pretty much copy paste everything what the JSHDTDP also does...:(

The second thing is why there this call in the _javascript_AndJdtDebuggerPlugin

resetSuspendProperties(prefs);

why reset it? If people want it then personally i dont care if it is persisted across eclipse starts
I think most people even want it ?

johan