Re: [Dltk-dev] can somebody explain to me the 2 IDbgpTermination and IDbgpTerminationListener

we first called shutdown on the service and then on the debug targets.

That seems to be the other way around because th debug targes depend on the service.
The dependency from debug targets is only to call unregisterAcceptor(). And there is nothing bad to call it after service shutdown.

The idea to call service shutdown before is to prevent new attachments to occur during shutdown process.
There is no need to change this.

i do think there is..
Because if i dont switch them i get all kinds of io exceptions

Because  the code:

((ScriptDebugTarget) target).shutdown();

does use the dbgpService to send the terminate command to the other side.

If you first do dbgpService.shutdown() we have a problem because the that cleans up and shutdown the dbgpService
that then the shutdown of the target still want to use..

johan

Back to the top