Re: [data-dev] reminder: no changes aside from directly related to JPQL subset feature
  • From: Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:14:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=us.ibm.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=us.ibm.com; dkim=pass header.d=us.ibm.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=yaVzrVUrxsncdrHCM07p2O5QSoQZnWt0p5oT25KW/WI=; b=l8Txt3jDg81SuJv1ou6zgc+HdUhoqmKABg3kr9rqEjIPiuoNRVPRKBEgz3asaSZR1ciwp2vttxr0oTxAfXn3mOC8SGxqDDvhxP5QFpcKoMKkn7X2rNLlS6PHdeQo3GLJ2I6WEORimA+U/1CObT3SU4ASrnUm7u1t/DKTRgKsibxpPa2vY/wBXLk8H6+yk/x2+ryTrNJIEktYF0l3jc4oG3rzTw3Rx6xrG+Ao3t+2KvveWgUu0dThtstHcx8oYA3n5n8+GIHEGIgGV/DmImRspv3fiViQ0bR8bcmoUI3azyLrwYOqqODSxmUpW5HYww/CgUVckOxm2oqM47ogQTd6+A==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=E9QR6YGRV/cnoQn+e8KQVvHINRDL3zmDFxHlQQKUXVrYZquwC53kchKJ+8Z8+zIjX9GSFDd39+HO2tPfbEhAlmFg2oQ24OzghOQ3t7/x2oWlc2KIljn8gQvRBwft/bPpHiHCQ31bmgp4OnpSx5a7IBS6dDmHx304kvkip6QWg1j6uoHA8K2hgqunYT/f+/jSn7yu+HVcLkdV4BwdaBg02JCkwMmW7nB5+IwQAohJfvJh4ngKMoi6yxw9EJgTBTcQBquNFYakWNscxHRycJ4MXOCcvWmAKoK9czs7Zo6OnMkQXwpQGzsfIpIhr+HvCdozaFX1+bpRRH9fay2s4QwKSA==

I want to emphasize that it is important that we are complying with the terms of the deadline extension that was granted by the Jakarta EE platform.  There are a large amount of changes going in for the Query Language subset and a good amount of work still needed.

The pulls that are open at any given moment is a constantly changing target.  If I look right now, the current set of open pulls is:

562, 551, 523 – these are part of the query language work.

553 is open in response to changes that have already gone in for the query language and could be justifiably worked if we choose to include it.

486 and 474 are not related to the query language but have not been active worked since March 8.

As long as the last 2 continue to remain inactive, the currently-open pulls look like areas that are correctly being focused on.

That said, it is true that some unrelated spec/API changes have been worked on and merged since March 8. Some of these have been some pretty good ideas and a few have been rather trivial, like the rename of getCursor(index) to cursor(index) in the API. However, these do violate the agreement for the deadline extension and it is not worth risking that. We all need to do a better job of watching out for these and not opening them in the first place.  Ed is not asking us to revert anything.  Let’s just be more careful going forward.