[cu-dev] Jakarta EE 10 ballot

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken we currently only fail a single test preventing EE 10 going into ballot.

That test however isn't valid, but was included by accident in the distribution version of the Jakarta Concurrency 3.0.0 TCK. I filed a challenge for this here: https://github.com/jakartaee/concurrency/issues/239

Now there is a pending 3.0.1 TCK, but I think this might take a week or more to be actually ready, and then there's always a chance someone will raise concerns, which will take more time. Also highly likely is that with the 3.0.1 TCK other errors will have crept in, and other tests will start failing again.

For the sake of getting Jakarta EE 10 into ballot now, I would like to ask to simply accept the https://github.com/jakartaee/concurrency/issues/239 challenge for the 3.0.0 TCK.

Then I can trivially add that test to the existing exclusion list on the Eclipse CI, and hopefully Jakarta EE 10 can then go into ballot on Tuesday.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top