Re: [cu-dev] Name for concurrency-ri project?

I'm splitting hairs here, but the Jakarta Concurrency Implementation isn't a project as that term is defined by the Eclipse Development Process (many folks refer to GitHub repos as "projects", so some precision in language is required here).

I believe that the Jakarta EE Steering Committee would support splitting the implementation out from the specification project.

If you want it to be a separate project with a distinct name, its own set of committers, etc... then the EDP requires that we engage in a restructuring review. For that, I need a paragraph that describes what you want to do so that we can share it with the community (and coordinate the changes that we'll need to make) and I'll schedule the review. We'll also have to update the project scope (and define a scope for the new project).

Note that any name you select will have to be vetted to ensure that it doesn't infringe on anybody else's trademark.

It sounds like a lot of work, but EMO will help. Send a note to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx for assistance.

Wayne