From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tania N Makins
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:43 PM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: [cosmos-dev] Review Requested by EOD Friday: COSMOS Activities

Team,

There are several items requiring your attention.  Please review the items below and provide questions, comments or feedback by EOD tomorrow.

EclipseCon 2008

If you are planning to attend EclipseCon 2008, please let me know ASAP.  There are important deadlines coming up, particularly for presenters.  So far I have the following people on the list: Jimmy Mohsin, Mark Weitzel, David Whiteman, Don Ebright.

i8/i9 Transition Summit Agenda & i9 Designs

Please review the agenda for Monday's summit and post updates: http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOSMonthlySummit-i8-i9Transition#Agenda.  Be sure to have your high level designs for i9 posted on the wiki by EOD tomorrow in preparation for Monday's discussion.

COSMOS Weekly Meetings

During the Community Call yesterday, we discussed reorganizing our weekly meetings to make them more effective.  The following changes were proposed:
  • Combine Architecture, Data Collection and Data Visualization Calls and hold them early in the week to set plans/goals for the week
  • Move Community Calls to later in the week to review what was accomplished that week
  • Schedule more frequent checkpoint meetings during the test pass (15-minute meetings)
  • Focus on reducing agenda creep and instead schedule spin-off discussions as needed
  • Post agendas for the weekly meetings on one wiki page so that team members can scan the page each week to determine what meetings they need to attend (http://wiki.eclipse.org/This_Week_in_COSMOS)

So, here is what our weekly meeting schedule would look like:

Mondays, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (2 hours) - Architecture, Data Collection and Data Visualization Call

Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (1 hour) - SDD Call

Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (1 hour) - Community Call

Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (1 hour) - Release Engineering Call

Fridays, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (1 hour) - Resource Modeling Call

Please post your comments on this proposal by EOD tomorrow.

Bugzilla Priority Definitions

During the architecture call yesterday, we discussed the definition of the P1 priority, and agreed to add this definition to the COSMOS Development Process.  I have drafted a proposal for priorities P1-P5.  Please review and provide feedback.

The priority of enhancements should be marked according to the following definitions:
  • P1 - This is a must-have enhancement OR this enhancement blocks another enhancement that has a priority of P1 or P2.
  • P2 - This is a high priority enhancement, key to satisfying the goals of the iteration.
  • P3 - This is a medium priority enhancement that can be moved to a future iteration with minimal impact to the goals of the current iteration.
  • P4 & P5 - This is a low priority enhancement that will be addressed as time and resources permit.

    Tania N. Makins, PMP®
    Project Manager, AC Open Source Components
    IBM Software Group - RTP, NC
    Office: (919) 254-8430  T/L: 444-8430
    tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top