[cosmos-dev] translation process

See below a link to the TPTP translation process, describing how to get the code ready for translation - guidelines and best practices

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/documents/process/development/translation_rules_of_thumb.html

At the end of this document there are two links, showing how to make your plugin ready for translation

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Internationalization/how2I18n.html
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-core-home/documents/3.1/message_bundles.html

If you follow the first link you also find an Eclipse tool that can be used to automatically separate the strings from code.

On a quick look I could not find a tool that can be used to identify strings that are no localized ( strings not separated from the source code ). The intention is to run this as part of our build
Build team, the attached links can be used to locate this tool, if one exists. If not, it shouldn't be hard to create one based on what is already available

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4850

Back to the top