[cosmos-dev] Going ACROSS MDRs - is it part of COSMOS M2 (I said M2 and not MR2) ?

All,

KEY question about the MDRs…  I know we are NOT in the business of building a federating CMDBf…. BUT

Let us refer to Mark’s picture on http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Leveraging_CMDBf.  For a minute, let us FORGET about the box titled “MDR1: Config Data”  Is it STLL a no-no to build ANY constructs as part of M2 (not MR2, I said M2) that enable us to execute a QUERY that goes ACROSS “MDR2: Asset Data” AND “Monitor Data” (or OTHER MDRs that have NOTHING to do with config data)?

We did a presentation internally, and this question came up in a BIG way… I would wager if you did a pitch at YOUR end, someone will ask this too J…  I know at one point we WERE going to do “cross-MDR” queries; but the fate of this (highly-valuable) artifact became a question mark recently.

If this is something that COSMOS DC as a no-go area, PLEASE advise and we will need to build it as part of our corporate implementation.

Jimmy Mohsin

VP, Principal Architect

Office of the CTO

Cell   +1-609-635-1703