From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mohsin, Jimmy
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:16 AM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: [cosmos-dev] Feedback / questions on item 1 Environment Setup Wikihttp://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOSDataCollectorEnvironment

Joel / Don,

You had asked for feedback…  Here is some…

The first instruction says, “Go get Eclipse 3.3 (I'm using M7) from http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/”.  I did see the Latest Release 3.3 which was saved “Mon, 25 Jun 2007 -- 15:00 (-0400)”.

    1. Should this instruction say Get Eclipse Latest Release instead of a version number?
    2. When I clicked the Latest Release link; I saw the “Download Now: Eclipse SDK, Windows” link.  I clicked this latter link and saw TWO files under the entry for “Eclipse SDK”
    3. These files are “eclipse-SDK-3.3-win32.zip” and “eclipse-SDK-3.3-win32-wpf.zip”.  The instructions must state explicitly which file to download.  I downloaded the FORMER (eclipse-SDK-3.3-win32.zip). Is this the right file?
    4. The first instruction says “M7”; not clear what this refers to.

More feedback to follow as I go through EACH step…

Thanks,

Jimmy

Back to the top