Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:00 PM Emily Jiang <emijiang6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't quite get what you meant.

Sorry, let's reword things.

Say MicroProfile never happened back then, and Java EE 8 transferred quitely and swiftly to the Eclipse Foundation in a matter of months or less. By now we would have released Jakarta EE 10 with tons of new things.

Given that alternative history, would we now have a desire to break-up Jakarta EE into two working groups, and give the APIs different package names? What benefit would that be to customers? Remember, it's not reality, but a thought experiment ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top