Re: [che-dev] DevWorkspaces on minikube

Thanks for the update!

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 7:06 PM Serhii Leshchenko <sleshche@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello!
We were reported a few issues on devWorkspaces on minikube.
So, this email is supposed to help you if you face the same.

1. devWorkspaces does not work on the latest 1.23 minikube
^ there is no workaround for this yet, hopefully we'll fix it today-tomorrow
You can downgrade your minikube, at least 1.20 works

2. DevWorkspace Operator does not appear on minikube.
It's related to a way we manage DWO from Che Operator,
now che operator create devworkspace-operator namespace
only if it exists, or update resources inside if it's annotated.
If it exists but is not annotated, you'll be stuck on enabling DevWorkspace.
So, just do `kubectl delete namespace devworkspace-operator`
and then restart Che or rolling out Che operator should help
`kubectl rollout restart che-operator`.

3. Che Operator does not restart itself, when it installs DevWorkspace,
Workaround until it's merged - manually restart Che Operator after it applied
DWO resources.

Hope it will help and save time.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
--