[che-dev] Introduction of root folders and removal of sparse checkout dir in devfile v2

Hi all,

I want to bring to your attention that there has been a discussion about how to specify the root folders for multi root workspaces in the devfile v2 [1]. It ended up with the decision to use global attributes for that.

During the discussion we also decided that, in the devfile v2, we don't want to support the use case of a user specifying both the sparsecheckoutdir and root folders. And we ended up with the decision to remove the sparsecheckoutdir field in the spec.

If you want to discuss those decisions or any topic related to the devfile spec you can join the Devfile Cabal this afternoon (or every Tuesday) at 3pm CET [2].

Mario

[1] https://github.com/devfile/api/issues/385
[2] https://meet.google.com/trx-vqbw-ekb

Back to the top