[che-dev] Standardizing the Eclipse Che conventions for published image tags (:ci, :latest, :next, :nightly)

On today's Community call, @Serhii Leshchenko raised an interesting topic about the fact that we are rather inconsistent in our use of image tags across the Che repos.

I've opened the issue below to capture those concerns and suggest a path forward that eliminates the inconsistencies, the confusion about tag meanings, and that better represents what we do (or what we want to be doing) going forward:

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/19291

If you have concerns, please raise them on that issue. Otherwise assume that this is the new plan and we'll strive to implement it for 7.28 or 7.29.

Note that in the short term, these changes will likely impact/break tests, so it would be good to coordinate the changes w/ QE so that we're not creating Happy Path outages or PR check blockages.

Thanks,

Nick

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

Productization Lead :: CodeReady Workspaces

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus

Back to the top