[che-dev] Upcoming Che 7.9 release next week :: a faster, more parallel release process

Just a quick heads up that for 7.9.0 we're going to try to do things a bit faster and earlier, in order to get all the che 7.9.0 bits (including the operator, operatorhub PRs, and chectl) released before the end of Thursday.

To that end, code freeze for 7.9.0 will happen EOD on Tuesday (unless there are blockers!), rather than the approach we've had before of it tending to slip into Wed / release day.

I've also added 3 repeating calendar reminders for 9am EST / 3pm CEST / 4pm EEST for the last Tuesday of the sprint so release stage owners will be reminded that it's time to start pushing bits.

This should allow us to, in parallel, release the first 7 stages of the release:

* che-theia image to pro
* che-machine-exec, che-devfile-registry images to prod, then che-plugin-registry to prod (once che-theia and machine-exec are done)
* che-parent, che-docs, then che to RC for QE review

Then, once QE approves the che bits, the actual release to Maven Central can begin for the che, che-docs, and che-parent bits, followed by che-operator, operatorhub PRs, and chectl.

Please let me know if you have any concerns with this plan, as I've already gotten agreement from several stage owners & team leads that this should be fine.

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

Productization Lead :: CodeReady Workspaces

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus

Back to the top