Re: [che-dev] Building Images at WS creation Time

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 8:40 PM Mario <mario.loriedo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The format used to define the container (dockerfile or yaml) doesn't change much. Technically we may be able to do build an image at runtime but I am still trying to understand if building jdt ls at runtime is a good choice.

We have introduced the plugin-broker service a few months ago to solve this exact same problem: supporting jdt ls plugins (as well as other plugins of plugins). That has been a bad decision: more complexity for no value. We have never implemented the jdt ls plugin broker and we have no plan to do that.

Am I the only one that still do not understand what are these jdt.ls plugins for? And who are the 3rd party that creates those plugins?

You are not the only one.
Happy to hear that "total IDE extensibility at any cost" policy begins to be questioned

Isn't it better to focus and improve the VS Code Extensions support instead of supporting jdt.ls plugins?