Re: [che-dev] Building Images at WS creation Time

On Wed, 2019-07-10 at 10:56 +0200, Ilya Buziuk wrote:
So my idea is to run a s2i build when a workspace is created or when it's configuration is changed. The s2i build would native-compile jdt.ls together with the bundles that need to run inside it. The outcome will be the "Java support" sidecar image.

Sounds interesting but s2i is OpenShift specific framework. How this would work in the Kubernetes world?

I'm sure there's some way to build an image, but I don't know. Che could abstract over the exact mechanism.

/Thomas

Back to the top