Re: [che-dev] Che plugin version numbers for VS Code extensions

1. When we use multiple VS Code extension in the same Che extension (as with Java, Java Debug)

That's the hardest one. That's a bundle of extensions and should have it's own, distinct, version. I don't think we have other options here

2. When we need to update the Che 7 plugin, but not the VS Code extensions (think an updated sidecar image)

A practical way to solve this would be to use <vscode-ext-version>-<sidecar-image-version>

3. When we do not refer to a fixed version of a VS Code extensions (implicitly "latest".

Can we refer to the latest version of a vscode extension now? If not that's not a problem yet. If we can I would stick with the rule to reuse the vs code extension version (i.e. latest). Related to https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/12937

Back to the top