[che-dev] Che 7 GA endgame

Hi folks,

I know we've discussed this last week (how to handle Che 7 endgame), and the outcome was to add a new label "target/che7GA" to the issues that are needed for Che 7. However, this really does not solve the problem I was trying to adress. Currently, it's not clear who has the right to put things on this list: anyone can. Also, additions to and removals from the list are not visible to the team leads (or the community at large). I think we need something like this:

1. We have an Epic that lists all must-haves for Che 7 GA. This means we only ship after this list is empty.
2. Team leads and PM's can add candidates to the list. The are in a special section "proposed"
3. Once a week, issues are promoted to the main list in the SoS.
4. If a new addition adds too much work to make the GA date, PM can chose to either move the release or remove other items from the list.
5. Issue that are done are moved to a section "done" and obviously don't count as "on list" anymore.
6. If someone thinks an item should not be on the list, he can propose that in the SoS.

I think running a tight ship before a GA makes sense and is worth the effort.

/Thomas

Back to the top