Re: [che-dev] Eclipse Che 7 /w Theia

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out! We plan to publish Che 7 documentation by the end of next sprint (i.e. by the 19th of March).

Anyway a big part of the Che 6 documentation still applies to Che 7. Especially if you just want to start a Java/nodejs workspace.

The main differences between Che 6 and Che 7 are:

- docker is not supported anymore as a platform to install Che
- the default editor of Che Is now Theia (and you can swap it with another editor)
- we have changed the plugin mechanism with a great UX  improvement but old GWT based plugins are not compatible with it
- the internal workspace model has changed as well and using your existing runtimes in a Che 7 workspace is much easier

Where you looking for something in particular? Currently, to test a Che 7 workspace, you can start Che as usual and create a workspace based on one of the 2 Che 7 stack currently available.

Mario